A lot (and then again nothing) has happened in the past month. This book has been collecting dust in my carpet bag until I dragged it out just now. I’m sluggishly trying to recall what Christmas was like here at the Shack… let me see, I‘ll just read over my last entry… Ah yes!
Well, the job in the florists didn’t last too long. Not a week after I began working for that man an attempt was made on my life in broad day light. Broad day light! Can you believe it! Venore really is a godforsaken hell hole. I packed up, quit, and left that evening. Back to the Shack.
As homely and stately as usual was the Shack. Door half on its hinges. Couch still as broken (mind you someone made an attempt to prop it higher using a bunch of old books). Everyone lounging around (a couple had left on some journey. I ain’t surprised. It happens all the time), drinking, eating.
Christmas came and went, nothing spectacular - a quiet (well maybe not so after Redwick and I had downed nearly the whole cellar) and sociable drink amongst long time friends. Presents were swapped. Those on their quest were still away.
The new year was brought in much the same (we restocked the cellar by then). Frodo’s Hut was paid a visit that night - just to see if any adventures, or explorers were laying about - offering a great bounty for help. There were none. Back to the Shack. Time for stew. Bed.
I’m bored at this stage really. Nothing to do but laze about.
That bed by the wall looks awfully tempting - I’ll turn in for the night.
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment